We respect your privacy and will take all reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your physical address;
- your mobile/cellphone number;
- your gender; and
- your date of birth.
Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. Subject to this, we will not without your express consent:
1) use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
a) in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of any product(s);
b) to contact you regarding current or new product(s) or any service(s) by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
c) to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
d) to improve your experience on our Website by, inter alia, monitoring statistical non-personal browsing habits, and to transact with us; or
2) disclose your personal information to any third-party other than as set out below:
a) to our employees and/or third-party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods or when delivering Goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
b) to our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (including their employees and/or third-party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
c) to our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you in the event of you submitting a warranty claim regarding any product(s) you have purchased which requires their involvement; and
d) pursuant to a corporate transaction in terms of which we sell any of our businesses or assets to a buyer of such businesses or assets.
We will ensure that all of our employees, third-party service providers, divisions, affiliates and partners (including their employees and third-party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations (save as permitted herein) in relation to your personal information.
We will –
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request;
- upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control; and
- not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
We undertake that the private information required for executing the orders placed our Website will be kept in the strictest confidence by us and not sold or made known to third parties, unless we are legally bound to do so, in the case of fraud investigations etc.
We may collect and store the following information provided by you: Your name and surname, e-mail address, birth date, gender, address, electronic browsing and click patterns, IP address; and use this information as follows:
- To inform you of facts relating to your access and use of our Website (subject to your consent).
- To inform you about our products, services and events (again subject to your consent).
- To verify your identity when you buy from us.
- To verify that goods are received by you and that you are the owner of the credit card used for payment.
- To compile non- personal statistical information about the browsing habits, click-patterns and access to our Website of our site users in general (and not related to any specific person).
The information described above is collected either electronically by using cookies (which you can control through your browser settings), or is provided voluntarily by you.
You may elect not to receive marketing communications from us by advising us by email to that effect or by clicking “unsubscribe”.
We own and retain all rights to non-personal general statistical information collected and compiled by us.
You agree that certain personal information of yours such as full names, delivery address, email address, contact numbers etc will be disclosed to the courier companies used by us to deliver goods to you and also to PayFast and the bankers and credit card companies handling payments being made by you.
Pomegranate Promise undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third-party other than as provided for in this policy, unless we are compelled to do so by law. In particular, in the event of a fraudulent online payment, Pomegranate Promise reserves the right to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third-parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
If you disclose your personal information to a third-party, such as an entity which operates a website linked to this Website or anyone other than Pomegranate Promise, Pomegranate Promise shall not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever arising, suffered by you as a result of the disclosure of such information to the third-party. This is because we do not regulate or control how that third-party uses your personal information.